[Clipart] PASSFAIL Report

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Aug 3 06:18:16 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>what i propose: all accepted submissions to be moved (that is, *deleted*
>>from the 'incoming') to an 'accepted' folder (this may be the 'unsorted'
>>category of the browsable repository)
>>this way we will easily see what files does not have metadata and
>>authors can update them. also as a result, the process of preparing
>>files for anew release will be easier: less files to process.
>

> Yes, that sounds like a good approach to me.  The work of re-processing
> files is cumbersome, so being able to move previously submitted files
> out of incoming would make that easier.

- created 3 subdirs of 'incoming', named 'released', 'wrong_format' and
'failed'
- moved from 'incoming' to 'incoming/released' all files who are part of
releases and also old versions of those files
- moved from 'incoming' to 'incoming/wrong_format' all submissions in
formats other than SVG, like: PNG, JPEG, GIF, WMF, ZIP containing GIF,
ZIP containing JPG
- moved from 'incoming' to 'incoming/failed' all filed  not passing
validation or not processed for validation (.SVG, .svgz)
- can't do the same for 'incoming/2004/04/contents' due to lack of write
rights inside directory

as a result:
- page http://www.openclipart.org/submissions.php show the same things
as before, files are only moved inside subdirs
- 'incoming' dir has now 2 files, both valid, will be picked probably in
the next release (very clean, i think)
- IMO, we can remove 'incoming/released', those images are already part
of our releases
- we can talk what to do with files on 'incoming/wrong_format', maybe
delete some of them?
- files on 'incoming/failed' should stay here until authors submit new
versions, this time with valid metadata inside

IMO it would be nice if someone modify the listing of submissions
(http://www.openclipart.org/submissions.php) to add a new column,
showing status, based on directory: released, waiting, incomplete

--
nicu