[Clipart] PASSFAIL Report

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Tue Aug 3 23:47:58 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> - created 3 subdirs of 'incoming', named 'released', 'wrong_format' and
> 'failed'
> - moved from 'incoming' to 'incoming/released' all files who are part of
> releases and also old versions of those files
> - moved from 'incoming' to 'incoming/wrong_format' all submissions in
> formats other than SVG, like: PNG, JPEG, GIF, WMF, ZIP containing GIF,
> ZIP containing JPG

Cool, thanks.  Can you also do chmod -R g+w on all of these?

> - moved from 'incoming' to 'incoming/failed' all filed  not passing
> validation or not processed for validation (.SVG, .svgz)

Hmm...  I thought the script would take .svgz files.  We should
investigate that - svgz should be an acceptable (perhaps even preferred)
file format.  Bug me if this remains an issue.

I think the SVG file issue should be good now.  It'd be nice if the
upload tool would force this to be lower case, though.  Certainly other
tools may get mixed up by it.

> - can't do the same for 'incoming/2004/04/contents' due to lack of write
> rights inside directory

Yeah...  I'm having the same problem.  Rejon, if you're reading this
could you follow-up and figure out how we can take care of this?
I know we could probably write a cgi script that'd get the right
permissions, but it'd probably be easier to get an admin to do a
`chmod -R g+w` across everything in public_html for us.

> as a result:
> - page http://www.openclipart.org/submissions.php show the same things
> as before, files are only moved inside subdirs
> - 'incoming' dir has now 2 files, both valid, will be picked probably in
> the next release (very clean, i think)
> - IMO, we can remove 'incoming/released', those images are already part
> of our releases

*Nod*  Agreed, I think you are right.

> - we can talk what to do with files on 'incoming/wrong_format', maybe
> delete some of them?

As long as they have some metadata and are legitimately PD, I'd have no
problem keeping them.  Perhaps we can post them as separate packages
from the main files?  Since I don't have much interest in non-SVG files,
it would be keen if someone else would take ownership of these types of
files and shepherd them through.  I'll get to them eventually if no-one
else wants to do it, but it may be a while.

> - files on 'incoming/failed' should stay here until authors submit new
> versions, this time with valid metadata inside
>
> IMO it would be nice if someone modify the listing of submissions
> (http://www.openclipart.org/submissions.php) to add a new column,
> showing status, based on directory: released, waiting, incomplete

Good idea.