[Clipart] World maps

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Aug 4 00:52:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Jose Hevia wrote:
> > > Metadata to the sources.I used the Inkscape Metadata tool for
> that.
> >
> > Does this mean that who ever uses this clipart must give credit
> also?
>   In theory these would imply only the photos I used but didn't
> included because the data contained is Public Domain and there is no
> copyright.I must do for being polite and ethic.Here is the message
> they send me:
>   Jugde yourself if this could be included in packaged versions of
> future OCAL.
> Thank you for your message.  All of our data is in the public domain,
> and
> yes, you can "make" this map.  You are welcome to use our photos, for
> which
> NASA does not maintain a copyright.  Our requests are:

Okay, cool; it sounds like these requests are outside the scope of the
license itself.  Since we can omit the requested conditions, we can
accept the data.  Since they're optional, we certainly can include the
credits, links, and notices.  Please ensure this is reflected in the
metadata, and let NASA know.  :-)

Bryce