[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Aug 4 01:24:05 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:18:40 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com>
> > To: clipart at freedesktop.org
> > Subject: [Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05
> >
> > The Fifth Release of the Open Clip Art Library is now available on the
> > site, incorporating 721 SVG images (4.2M).  Included is an example of
> > making borders for scribus.
> >
> > We had hoped to get some categorization set up for this release but
> > unfortunately there wasn't time.  Most of the tools support keywords
>
> Can the simple categorisation (using directories) I used for the Gradients
> be reintroduced?

We weren't able to spend time on the categorization so I'd say it's all
still up for grabs until folks start submitting svg's with the proper
keyword metadata syntax.  ;-)

> I probably missed it but in case I didn't could there be a reminder a few
> days before the next release, I have some patterns I probably would have
> packaged in time given a reminder (I'll try and remember to do them this
> week but I usually get distracted and strart creating more patterns
> instead).

We did put out some informal indications that we'd do a release this
last weekend (at the latest) but yeah what I'm thinking is that
henceforth we assume the 1st of the month as our release target.  I
certainly can't promise that we'll meet that date but we can hold it as
the target, and see what we can do.