[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Thu Aug 5 04:07:15 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> I think a seperate top level directories will be needed for
> gradients
> patterns
> clipart
> and possibly
> templates/samples/compositions (just the one directory,
> not sure of a good name)
>
> What do people think of that idea?

Hmmm...   thinking out loud here...

Given that we're a clipart project, I don't know that it's sensible to
make clipart a toplevel category.  How about lumping patterns and
gradients under a toplevel category such as reusable_parts or
something.  (There could be gradient and pattern categories inside
there, and possibly other reusable parts, anything less than an entire
piece of clipart.  e.g., templates intended to be used when creating a
piece of clipart would belong here.)

By a similar token, compositions and whatnot (anything larger than a
single piece of clipart) could be grouped under a combined_works
category or something.  Document templates belong here.