[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.05

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Aug 5 04:54:42 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Hmmm...   thinking out loud here...
>
> Given that we're a clipart project, I don't know that it's sensible to
> make clipart a toplevel category.  How about lumping patterns and
> gradients under a toplevel category such as reusable_parts or
> something.  (There could be gradient and pattern categories inside
> there, and possibly other reusable parts, anything less than an entire
> piece of clipart.  e.g., templates intended to be used when creating a
> piece of clipart would belong here.)

i'm thinking more as a separate repository. i suspect is not true for us
to claim 700+ clipart images when 100+ of them are not really clipart
(like gradients)

> By a similar token, compositions and whatnot (anything larger than a
> single piece of clipart) could be grouped under a combined_works
> category or something.  Document templates belong here.

see some compositions containing some clipart images from our
repository: http://www.nicubunu.ro/OOo/otto/ (but the result is final
images, not clipart)

--
nicu