[Clipart] Repository

Alberto Simões hashashin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 07:28:55 PDT 2004

Hello

After the submission of clipart, there should be a revision process
(copyright issues, and such things). Then, We should move the file to
a repository.

GIven that we are based on SVG (although we will have other formats),
a repository in CVS can be handy. Meanwhile, we do not need to add
everything there (png thumbnails are generated files, and as such, are
a waste of space).

Then, I wouldd suggest to create on our CVS a clipart-repository to be
the Official Current OCAL content. The other problem, is that when we
have too much files, it will be hard to keep all them onthe same
directory. To create directories with category names is not a good
idea (I think). Then, we can add directories named A/ B/ .. Z/ and
A/AA/ A/AB/ A/AC/ .. Z/ZZ/ to divide files into directories so the
filesystem does not complain.

The categorization process will be handled by the keywords and the
already defined hierarchy.

What do you think about this?
--
Alberto Simões