[Clipart] ROADMAP towards Milestone 6!!! + RFE

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Aug 15 19:05:10 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> I find it really annoying how sourceforge seperates out feature
> requests.  I am glad you are not going to be doing so in this case.

Agreed.  Sometimes the line between a bug and a feature request is
quite blurry, especially with design bugs, UI bugs, and
standards-complaince bugs.

> Chances are people will mail this list with their "ideas" not
> necessarily thinking of them as requests (seems to be how it works
> with every other project).

I don't see that as a problem.  If the ideas are really good, and we
recognize them as such, we can take whatever steps we deem proper.

> I think that it is actually a good idea to keep the minimum barrier
> that some one needs to at least be willing to put their name to a
> suggestion.

Agreed.

> So often with projects there are completely unintelligable bug
> reports (due to langauge barriers, or just descriptoisn are just too
> short and other issues).

Quite.  At the library where I work we have an anonymous electronic
suggestion box, and you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that we see
in there.  A significant percentage of it is only worth reading for
humor purposes.

Requiring people to put their name to it won't eliminate all bad
suggestions, but requiring an email address will hopefully give us a
way to clarify unclear suggestions, should we want to do so, which in
some cases at least we might, I would think.