[Clipart] Re: The Open Clip Art Libray and OpenOffice.org

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 26 18:12:32 PDT 2004

Yes, it would be great to work together on both development and
marketing possibilities for where both projects overlap.

Specifically, we are hoping to push for development of SVG graphics file
format adoption in OO.o and also have plans for implementing a system
for downloading our clip art in OO.o directly in the future.

In terms of marketing, it would be great to meet with you all during
OOoCon2004 in the future. Unfortunately, the proposal that I submitted
for the OO.o conference has been rejected for the conference you
previously mentioned in MARCH, but maybe there is still a possibility to
attend this conference, and or present in light of future
collaborations, marketing and development strategies.

Please put me in contact with people in the areas you mentioned, and our
development community will look into this.

This is very exciting to hear from you and I'm copying our development
mailing list as I'm sure they will have much more to say on the matter.

We are going to go global for our upcoming 0.06 release coming up at the
end of this month, so our project should raise in profile from that
point forward as we do monthly time-based releases.

Sincerely,
Jon

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 17:59, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> Hello Jon
>
> I read on the Open Clip Art Library Development Roadmap that you are
> beginning to prepare PR for the Open Clip Art Library.
>
> Complementary communities form an integral part of our OpenOffice.org
> marketing strategy. I would like to talk with you to see if the Open
> Clip Art Library envisages any joint marketing or development
> initiatives with OpenOffice.org in the short- or long-term.
>
> At the moment, the OpenOffice.org Marketing Project is busy promoting
> OOoCon 2004 and developing marketing materials for 2.0, to be released
> March next year. But I'm sure, we have some contributors to the
> Marketing Project that would like to work with you on any joint
> marketing or to explore avenues for joint development.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.
>
> All the best
> Jacqueline McNally
> Lead, OpenOffice.org Marketing Project