[Clipart] Re: The Open Clip Art Libray and OpenOffice.org

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at openoffice.org
Thu Aug 26 20:21:04 PDT 2004

Thank you for your prompt and enthuasiastic reply Jon.

I know there are people who are both active OpenOffice.org contributors
and who participate in the Open Clipart Library so I'll join the
clipart@ list to continue our discussion there/here.

I look forward to hearing how we can best collaborate and work together
to continue to develop good products and grow our communities.

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Yes, it would be great to work together on both development and
> marketing possibilities for where both projects overlap.
>
> Specifically, we are hoping to push for development of SVG graphics file
> format adoption in OO.o and also have plans for implementing a system
> for downloading our clip art in OO.o directly in the future.
>
> In terms of marketing, it would be great to meet with you all during
> OOoCon2004 in the future. Unfortunately, the proposal that I submitted
> for the OO.o conference has been rejected for the conference you
> previously mentioned in MARCH, but maybe there is still a possibility to
> attend this conference, and or present in light of future
> collaborations, marketing and development strategies.
>
> Please put me in contact with people in the areas you mentioned, and our
> development community will look into this.
>
> This is very exciting to hear from you and I'm copying our development
> mailing list as I'm sure they will have much more to say on the matter.
>
> We are going to go global for our upcoming 0.06 release coming up at the
> end of this month, so our project should raise in profile from that
> point forward as we do monthly time-based releases.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jon

[snipped original message]

All the best