size of release sets (was Re: [Clipart] Open Clip Art Library - Release 0.06)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Aug 30 10:03:55 PDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> > When will the project begin splitting it up into separate tar balls?
> >
> > Maybe whenever there is around 10MB to split out?
>
> We've talked about having some form of custom dynamic tarball generation
> for people looking for specific sets of clip art.  Of course, that
> capability is kind of complicated, and so is predicated on having a
> backend document management system that can present these dynamic
> "views" of the data.  This "DMS" is the next thing in the plan to focus
> on.

When I get a spare few minutes, I plan to package up the 0.06 release for
pkgsrc (used by NetBSD and others).

It would be useful in the future if there were premade tarballs so to save
time downloading (and to use less resources on the download server) and so
the checksums for the files are consistent.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/