[Clipart] borders for printing flyers, announcements

Riku Leino tactics at welho.com
Sat Jul 3 15:48:06 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Riku Leino wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>>No, it's not strange; it is standard behavior.  *ALL* well-behaved
>>>applications do this[1], and there is *NO* excuse to do otherwise.
>>>OpenOffice.org does it (if you have Win32 or GTK2).  Corel WordPerfect
>>>Office Suite does it.  Microsoft Office does it.  Microsoft Works does
>>>it.  602 PC Suite does it.  Heck, WordPad does it.  Scribus flunks
>>
>>Huh, You obiously have no idea what a dtp application is for.
>

> Please there is no need to be impolite, it is essential that this project
> continues to have a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere that welcomes and
> includes people of all kinds of abilities (or else we will never get any
> contributions).
>
> There is no reason why a Desktop Publishing Applications should not
> respect accessibilty too.  Accessibility is for everyone.
>
> - Alan H.

I do apologise the harm i've caused. It's just that this sounded like a
pretty lame excuse for not to use some application. Accessibility should
definitely be part of any application but should it be the default
behaviour over the properties a regular dtp (semi)professional would
want to use. That I disagree.