[Clipart] PNG images?

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Jul 9 17:12:05 PDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 04:39:29PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>
> > > I would really like to get the PNG versions, so I can install them on a
> > > few computers.
> >
> > If you download the released package, there are png's there.
>
> Thanks, you rock!
>
> Now, a different question.  I just downloaded the zip file
> (openclipart-0.04.zip) and the only directory I got was "unsorted".
> Nothing else.  Did I do something wrong?  Or do I get the other
> images from elsewhere?

Actually, you'll notice that all the images are there.  We did not do
any sorting for the 0.04 release, which is why they're in a single dir.
For this next release, though, the plan is to get them sorted.  We'll be
following the scheme worked out for the browse tool (which currently is
being manually sorted).

> > You can also fairly easily generate png's at whatever sizes you need
> > using inkscape or librsvg.
>
> Remember, I can't install inkscape or sodipodi on Solaris.  I have made
> every effort.  I really want inkscape, but after trying for weeks I
> realize it's just not going to happen. :-(

Okay, if you find a good solution on Solaris, definitely add it to the
FAQ.

Fwiw, there's a bunch of different tools that use librsvg as their svg
backend, so in theory you may be able to find something useful that
way.  There was also talk of a svg2png tool in development, but I've
lost track of the status of that.