[Clipart] organize repository and access rights

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sun Jul 11 23:08:51 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> The only concern I have is about files with no author metadata.
> Someone said earlier that we don't want to release any of those in
> that condition, but with no author metadata I don't see how we can
> track down the authors to get the metadata (unless we're willing to
> mark them "unknown").  Once we get uploads switched over to using
> upload_svg.cgi this shouldn't be an issue for future submissions after
> that, but do we have a plan for the existing stuff with no author
> metadata, other than to not release it?

what i think:
1. use the new uploader, where only files with valid metadata are
accepted (or write metadata at upload time);
2. clean-up the current 'incoming' directory: remove all duplicates and
all files already included in the latest release;
3. create a list with all images missing author info and a call for
authors to re-upload files, this time with metadata (is is easy if we
use the uploader from point 1.)

--
nicu