[Clipart] SVG::Metadata 0.11 Released

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sun Jul 18 19:27:20 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
>
> > Okay, cool.  In time we should probably expand on this to allow
> > selection from the set of existing keywords, like we've been
> > discussing.
>
> Oooh, a dropdown lists?  Nifty idea.  Later, though.

Actually I'd suggest a page full of checkboxes, since the user can
select multiple keywords.  Due to the potential quantity of keywords we
may even need to do something dynamic where the user first selects some
general categories, then clicks next, then is presented with
sub-keywords within those categories to select in addition.

But yeah, we won't need this for a few releases at least.

> > One script that would be really useful right now is something that
> > navigates through a directory tree and extracts keywords from the
> > path to the svg file, then updates the metadata for the svg file
> > accordingly.
>
> Yes, I was thinking that already.  It's a very minor adaptation to the
> above script and can probably be a command-line argument.

*Nod*  Sounds good.