[Clipart] logo contest

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 20 07:26:09 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:22:09 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com>
> To: clipart-list <clipart at freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] logo contest
>
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > I think we should put a deadline on the Open Clip Art Logo Contest. I
> > think it should be AUG 15. And publicize it with our release that goes
> > out in synchronicity with Inkscape 0.39. Thoughts or Qualms?
>
> that i want to see is some style guidelines for the logo:
> - the title should be openclipart.org, openclipart, Open Clip Art
> Project, Open ClipArt Library etc.

I prefer the shorter titles because they reduce the temptation to use
Acronyms, and I think they have greater impact.

> - text case: openclipart.org vs. OPENCLIPART.ORG
> - capitalization: OpenClipArt.org vs. OpenClipart.org vs. openclipart.org

I spent some time looking at it the other day (considering making a simple
logo) and I think the capitalisation OpenClipArt looks best.

> - content: abstract vs. descriptive (mascot?)

I'm not sure a mascot is a great idea but I wouldn't rule it out, perhaps
someone will surprise us.

- Alan