[Clipart] Is anyone working on categorizing the existing images?

"Áki G. Karlsson" aki at akademia.is
Tue Jun 8 09:18:34 PDT 2004

Can't we just have both?

I mean, a limited number of strong categories, multiple selection at file
upload just to place the images on the website index with "miscellaneous"
as default (assuming that there will be a browseable index with thumbnails
somewhere) and weak categorization as a recommendation for keywords to be
put into the metadata of the file itself. A search function somewhere
would then be able search and/or index the metadata according to those.

In the end the metadata is up to the author's fancy... I don't think that
the upload mechanism should be inserting stuff into the file, but the
project might set some requirements for inclusion in released packages etc.

best

Áki

--
http://www.hi.is/~akig/