[Clipart] Tasks for 'openclipart' package

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Jun 14 22:59:16 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> While user accounts would be nice, they probably wouldn't be needed for
> the upload tool, since the author name is going to be (or at least,
> should be) in the uploaded file metadata already.  But for any
> administrative tools or other stuff, yeah a login functionality would be
> necessary.

i think user accounts are needed for at least two reasons:
- security: we do not want an unregistered user to be able to upload and
overwrite an existing file with an invalid one;
- traceability: we want to keep data on who and what was uploaded, in
this way we can deal with possible violations (inappropriate content
uploaded - ex. wrong license or file format)

--
nicu