[Clipart] Roadmap

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Jun 25 01:12:04 PDT 2004

OK, maybe we should just focus on what you are saying as putting
metadata into submissions cutoff on JUN 27 and then package those up for
another release.

If we are going for themes, we are going to need to put a CALL FOR ART
out into the world to really get support and give it at least a month.

If you think the roadmap should be edited, then please massage and move
things around. My personal goal is to make it obvious what we are
working on. I strongly think for this project we need to have TIME-BASED
releases of the art and system, as this project is not so much
feature-dependent, as submission dependent. Magazines are monthly for a
reason. If they surged with interest, then there would be periods of
overload and periods of dryness.

Jon

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 00:49, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > I also updated the roadmap for this release. We decided to solicit for
> > SUMMER themed clipart right? We should formulate and send out an email
> > very broadly with a specific deadline. Do you all agree? It is important
> > in soliciting to provide a deadline, otherwise folks will continuously
> > procrastinate.
>
> the announced deadline is 27 June, right?
> http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/clipart/2004-June/000478.html
>
> the "Summer" theme is not represented very well in the images submitted
> and i believe we should think about another way to define milestones.
>
> IMO, the most important steps right now are:
> - add metadata to all already submitted images, is a waste to have them
> uploaded and not included in release
> - organize images - having as in 0.03 release all images in one single
> directory, named "unsorted" is bearable for 30 images, but not for
> several hundreds or more.
>
> completing those steps will deserve alone a new milestone (IMO)
>
> i also have some concerns about images naming scheme, but more on that
> later, when we will be at that point
Graduate Researcher
Visual Arts Department

PO BOX 948667