[Clipart] Upload script (using SVG::Metadata Release 0.08)

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sat Jun 26 12:32:56 PDT 2004

Hi Jonadab,

Cool!  I did some work on it this morning, and have installed it on the
website.

    http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_svg.cgi

It hasn't been hooked into the main website yet - I figure we'll want to
test it a bit more first, but I did upload one file.  The files are
being dumped into the current incoming directory so if this works we can
consider it official.

Here's the changes I made to it:

* Checked it into our CVS in clipart_web/cgi-bin/
* Added Config::Simple support, and broke out the three config variables
  into a separate configuration file.
* Changed File::Spec to File::Spec::Functions to pull in the functions
  into the main namespace
* renamed it from upload-svg.cgi to upload_svg.cgi
* Couple other tweaks and bug fixes...

To get this working, I also installed a bunch of Perl modules to our
freedesktop.org account.  Since we don't have root access, I just
installed them into /projects/clipart, using the syntax:

    perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/projects/clipart INSTALLMAN1DIR=/projects/clipart/man/man1 INSTALLMAN3DIR=/projects/clipart/man/man3

Also, once installed we have to add that custom path using the usual
methods, i.e.

    use lib "/projects/clipart/share/perl/5.8.3/";
    use lib "/projects/clipart/lib/perl/5.8.3/";

And of course, from the commandline, do similarly with the PERL5LIB env
variable.

Jonadab, can you send me your SSH key, as described on the freedesktop
site, so we can get you set up with cvs and shell access to the
webserver?  http://freedesktop.org/Main/UsingCvs

Bryce