[Clipart] Upload script (using SVG::Metadata Release 0.08)

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Jun 28 04:21:07 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Hi Jonadab,
>
> Cool!  I did some work on it this morning, and have installed it on the
> website.
>
>     http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_svg.cgi
>
> It hasn't been hooked into the main website yet - I figure we'll want to
> test it a bit more first, but I did upload one file.  The files are
> being dumped into the current incoming directory so if this works we can
> consider it official.

I've re-uploaded my two contributions using it.  From this end, it
seems to work, assuming all the metadata were correctly added.

> Here's the changes I made to it:
>
> * Checked it into our CVS in clipart_web/cgi-bin/
> * Added Config::Simple support, and broke out the three config variables
>   into a separate configuration file.

I thought about a config file and just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

> * Changed File::Spec to File::Spec::Functions to pull in the
>   functions into the main namespace
> * renamed it from upload-svg.cgi to upload_svg.cgi
> * Couple other tweaks and bug fixes...

Sounds good.

> To get this working, I also installed a bunch of Perl modules

Oh, sorry about that, I almost forgot DateTime isn't core.  (I use it
for, like, everything.)

> Jonadab, can you send me your SSH key

[see offlist reply]