[Clipart] SVG::Metadata Release 0.08

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Jun 28 07:07:07 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> The 0.08 release of SVG::Metadata is on CPAN here:

I need to clarify something: assuming the following workflow:

1.  Create a new SVG::Metadata object
2.  Parse an SVG image with it, creating a metadata object
3.  Remove existing RDF from the image
4.  Call to_rdf() on the metadata object
5.  Add the resulting RDF back into the SVG image

Is this an essentially lossless operation, assuming we don't care
about meta-metadata things like whitespace in the XML and where the
metadata infos are stored within the overall XML document structure,
but only the actual metadata themselves?

My upload tool assumes that this is a lossless operation.  (It makes
adjustments to the metadata between steps 2 and 3, but the adjustments
are deliberate.)  Is that okay?

If this is a problem, then I need to rework the upload script.

If it's not, I'm thinking of creating a web tool for adding keywords
to already-uploaded images (querying them by keyword, with "unsorted"
being the obvious place to start, and then presenting the user with a
form for adding more specific keywords to some or all of the results).
Put that together with a Wiki page documenting our set of keywords and
what they mean, and we'll have the beginnings of a categorization
mechanism.  We'll have to add authority control later, but that can be
retrofitted.