[Clipart] Upload script (using SVG::Metadata Release 0.08)

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Jun 29 15:59:06 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Oh, and if we can invent a better way of achieving a common header /
> footer that'll satisfy both php and perl needs, that would be cool.
> We did it this way just for expediency; it's a bit hacky, and
> currently broken so better approaches are welcome.

I can think of several options, as long as the header and footer
don't need to be dynamically generated each time...

 * Put static files somewhere called HEADER and FOOTER and
   STYLELINK (or whatever) and let everything slurp them.
 * Use a config file format that both languages can read.
 * Keep them in a MySQL table.
 * Keep them in one place (library, module, whatever) for each
   language but make any changes using an update script that writes
   the changes to each location.

Keeping them in a MySQL table is probably more overhead than the other
choices, but beyond that I don't think it matters which thing we do;
the same thing is accomplished.  The first choice is arguably the
simplest.