[Clipart] Upload script (using SVG::Metadata Release 0.08)

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Jun 28 10:38:46 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
> I've re-uploaded my two contributions using it.  From this end, it
> seems to work, assuming all the metadata were correctly added.

Great!

By the way, for the browser we created a template file that can be used
by Perl programs to get the header/footer...

   http://www.openclipart.org/shell.php

Basically, have your script grab that and regex the $CONTENT$ bit with
your page content.  I would suggest doing a test for file existance of
/projects/clipart/public_html/shell.php, and if not, either use a
default template or grab it off the web via LWP::Lite or the like.

> > To get this working, I also installed a bunch of Perl modules
>
> Oh, sorry about that, I almost forgot DateTime isn't core.  (I use it
> for, like, everything.)

Actually, I didn't have to install DateTime; it was SVG::Metadata,
XML::Twig, Config::Simple, CGI::Lite, and Taint.  I was pretty surprised
the latter two weren't installed, but they're there now.  :-)