[Clipart] Upload script (using SVG::Metadata Release 0.08)

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Jun 28 18:06:09 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
>
> > By the way, for the browser we created a template file that can be used
> > by Perl programs to get the header/footer...
> >
> >    http://www.openclipart.org/shell.php
>
> Parse error: parse error in
> http://www.openclipart.org/includes/header.php on line 9
>
> $CONTENT$
> The clipart downloads on this site are dedicated to the Public Domain.
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: printtranslatecontrols() in
> /home/projects/clipart/clipart_web/includes/footer.php on line 26
>
> If various Perl scripts are going to be getting the header and footer,
> WIBNI there were a site-specific Perl module we could use that could
> set the variables $HEADER and $FOOTER for us?  (They should each be a
> wellformed snippet like <div class="header">...</div> I imagine.)  A
> third variable for meta stuff to include in the head section might not
> go amiss as well; that would allow everything to share the same config
> for stuff like stylesheet inclusion.

I'm not sure why the php stuff fails...  I'll look into it when I get a
chance unless someone beats me to it.

Oh, and if we can invent a better way of achieving a common header /
footer that'll satisfy both php and perl needs, that would be cool.
We did it this way just for expediency; it's a bit hacky, and currently
broken so better approaches are welcome.

> > it was SVG::Metadata, XML::Twig, Config::Simple,
>
> I would have thought you'd have already installed SVG::Metadata and
> its dependencies for the verification thingy for packaging; at any
> rate, you would have needed to eventually.  And adding Config::Simple
> is your own fault ;-)

Nah, I run the packaging stuff locally because it depends on Inkscape,
and I have been so-far reluctant to attempt to install it remotely on a
web server...

> Come to think of it I'm not sure the upload script actually needs
> Taint; I included my standard declaration of my taint routine that
> uses it, and then I'm not sure I actually tainted anything.  (I was
> originally intending to use my own hand-rolled getforminput routine,
> which relies on it, but then I changed my mind and went with CGI::Lite
> because my handrolled routine has not been tested on file uploads very
> much.)  Still, Taint is a handy thing to have around.  But it might be
> possible to take the definition of taint (and thus the use statement
> for Taint) out of there without changing anything that matters.

*Nod* Either way's cool.