[Clipart] open content article

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat May 15 23:56:24 PDT 2004

Check out this great analysis of value chains in open content. It was
written in 2003. It totally applies to our project.

http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue8_8/cedergren/

Also, interesting in the article is the quote from Lessig about how
content exists in a 3 layer network architecture model: physical layer
(computer, wires), code layer (network protocols, software, hardware)
and the content layer which is basically the files that are trasnmitted
in communication: Images, audio files, movies, etc.

This is interesting. I've been thinking a lot about how this project is
pushing for the expansion of open source ideals into the open content
ideals.

Graduate Researcher
Visual Arts Department

PO BOX 948667