[Clipart] Logging and Statistics

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Nov 6 03:44:04 PST 2004

Jon Phillips wrote:
> I realized (and I have known) that Open Clip Art doesn't have any way of
> keeping statistics at this point. For Inkscape, it is invaluable to have
> the stats that Bryce provides with his scripts to be able to chart the
> projects course.
>
> Bryce, and others, could you provide some insight into how to go about
> this, and what should be done? I would like to help on developing this
> as it is part of the site, and direly needed to track this projects
> progress.

are you talking about the website usage statistics?  we should have a
lot of data in the Apache logs and analyze with something like Webalizer
or AWStats - but i don't know how freedesktop.org generate Apache logs
or if those are in a single place or different places for each project.

or you ask about different statistics, like usage of the upload tools,
browsing interface or bug tracker? i think we can also use the Apache
logs to get info about some of them.
unfortunately, usage of the bug tracker is near zero

--
nicu