[Clipart] And the Winner is... + Need Independent Verification

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Sat Sep 4 10:38:47 PDT 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> The bookmark / address-bar icon should be in place now.
>
> Firefox (Linux-x86 build) shows the new logo in the address bar as
> soon as the page loads.  If you have the tab bar open it also shows
> it on the page's tab.  This should work for any page that uses
> shell.php.  Any browser that supports PNG and the SHORTCUT ICON
> relationship link should be able to find this image, but of course
> different browsers do different things with it.  A quick test in
> Seamonkey/Navigator (1.6b, yes, that's out of date) shows the new icon
> in the location bar and on the tab.  I'm also seeing it in the address
> bar on Konqueror 3.1.4.  Feel free to test other browsers.

Cool.  I notice it looks differently between Konqueror and Firefox on my
system (better on Konqueror; for Firefox I'm using verison 0.8 fwiw.)

It's interesting - this logo actually represents itself quite well at
16x16 resolution, and feels quite distinctive and professional.

> We'll also want to put the new logo in the body of the page itself (in
> includes/header.php), but for that we'll probably want the version
> with the words, so I'll hold off on that for the moment.

I wonder if we could pull in aspects of the logo into the site look and
feel a little bit, to help tie it in, but without having to fully
redesign?