[Clipart] And the Winner is... + Need Independent Verification

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Sep 6 16:47:40 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> Would the artists be willing to reformat some of their entries so that
> they can be used as web site buttons (roughly 80x30 pixels in size),

Web site buttons are not roughly 80x31 pixels; they are 88x31 pixels,
exactly.  (This is for hysterical raisins, because that was the size
of the Netscape Now button, and web authors want all the buttons to be
the same size so that they can be aligned either vertically or
horizontally with one another and not look utterly wrong.)

> and or web site banners (roughly 728x90 pixels in size)

Those also have an exact de facto standard size, though I don't happen
to know it off the top of my head.  Grab a banner off the top of a
major website such as Yahoo and match its dimensions to the pixel.