[Clipart] XML hierarchy definitions

Alberto Simões hashashin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:39:03 PDT 2004

Hi

I have a perl module, named Biblio::Thesaurus which supports ISO-like
thesaurus. It is not in the syntax defined on the XML file (it doesn't
use XML at all) but can be converted. Probably we can use it for this
task.

Hugs,
Alb

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:31:12 -0700 (PDT), Bryce Harrington
<bryce at bryceharrington.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> > "Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:
> >
> > > In CVS, there is now a directory, clipart_web/hierarchies
> > > I've started us off with a tentative initial version of en.xml, the
> > > English version of the heirarchy
> >
> > When do we want to unwarnock this?
>
> "Unwarnock"?
>
> Anyway, thanks for pointing this out - I think it's time to start
> looking at this more.
>
> What we're going to need is a routine that takes this xml hierarchy and
> pulls the corresponding items from the dms into a matching directory
> structure.  This should also include options for specifying what to pull
> - for instance, whether to pull just the svg's, or to pull thumbnails
> too, and if so, which size to grab.
>
> Also, I think we will want an 'update' watcher function that can add
> new items to an existing directory structure.  When the dms receives new
> images, it will notify all registered watchers that it got new stuff;
> the watchers will determine if they want the material (i.e., if it's in
> the appropriate 'state', has a keyword belonging to the hierarchy, etc.)
> and if so, pulls it and places it in the appropriate location in the
> directory structure.
>
> Possibly a perl module already exists that does some of this...  Anyway,
> maybe it's too advanced for us right now, but if you think you could
> hack something into existance, I could help out with the bits to pull
> items from the dms.
>
> Bryce

Alberto Simões