[Clipart] XML hierarchy definitions

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon Sep 20 11:01:54 PDT 2004

Ah, interesting - yeah you may be right that with some hacking that
could be turned into something that'd do the job.

Basically, we need to pass in an XML file or filename for it to load,
then have it iterate through the items in the XML and create directories
and subdirectories accordingly.  As it does this, for each directory it
should put a call to xms requesting documents to put in the
subdirectory; I haven't created this routine yet, but it'll be something
like:

    $dir = 'my_daughters_aquarium';
    %criteria = ( 'keywords:required' => ['fish','freshwater'],
                  'keywords:omit'     => ['shark','cooked','nazi','profanity']
                );

    foreach my $doc_id ($dms->query(%criteria)) {
        $dms->checkout($dir, $doc_id);
    }

Still TBD is how to specify that you want just svg's, or svg's plus
thumbnails, or everything, or...  Also, I'm iffy on the syntax for the
%criteria, so that may change.  But hopefully that gives the general
idea.

Bryce