[Clipart] More discussion about Delineate/Autotrace images

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Sep 27 20:41:58 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> I wonder if there's a way to simplify it down further, so that the
> svg end result is smaller.  Maybe greyscale the original?

I think it should be possible to further simplify it while still
keeping color, but I'm not sure whether delineate is up to it
currently.  Might have to do some hand editing.  Currently autotrace
doesn't produce any gradients at all for example, so it has in some
cases a number of smaller shapes where a larger one with a gradient
would do nicely.  Stuff like that.  And sometimes it preserves details
that aren't important.