[Clipart] Making our thumbnails comply with the thumbnail spec, i.e., 128x128px

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Apr 30 04:20:21 PDT 2005

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> So, here's a thread where we can discuss what the right approach is.
> Cropping to a square or centering (on a square background) are the
> other obvious approaches.  Is one of these less evil than the other?
> Would a combination of the two be a good compromise, or the worst of
> both worlds?  Discuss.

I'll go with centering on a square background and I have a feeling that
the problem may be solved with a very small script invoking imagemagik.

Now we are using the same thumbnails (80x80 px) also for the website,
what we should do, use the larger thumbnails (128x128px) for website
(this will result in a need to adjust the layout) or keep two sets of
thumbnails (heavier maintenance)?