[Clipart] Clip Art Navigator 0.31

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Mon Aug 22 16:37:10 PDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 02:32:36PM -0700, Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 14:58 -0400, Nathan Eady wrote:
> > Jon Phillips wrote:
> >
> > > Have you talked to Jonadab and Bryce about this indexing system?
> >
> > Indeed, it would be good if our releases came ready-to-use in this
> > regard, with the index included.  Have you looked at the index.xml
> > file here:
> > http://openclipart.org/clipart/index.xml
> >
> > (That one is fixed up in a couple of ways from the slightly broken
> > one in the 0.16 release, but future releases will have these fixes.)
> >
> > Right now, the format of that index is new and very little relies
> > on it yet, so if it is inadequate in one way or another, this would
> > be the time to propose changes.
>
> Bryce, I'm a little out of touch with this. How can Jonadab and Greg's
> index files be used/combined and how will this effect DMS?

Currently, it doesn't overlap with anything in DMS.  I've put some
design work into a SQL database for loading the metadata into for faster
indexing, but I think that's sort of orthogonal to this.

Anyway, it'd probably not be hard to _use_ DMS to generate this index
file.  After all, the whole point of building a system with a remote API
ability was to be able to script up stuff like this.  ;-)

> Seems like we have some overlapping work...time to coordinate!

Probably so.  Lemme know what to do to help.