[Clipart] Re: Clip Art Browser

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 25 10:21:36 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 12:49 -0400, Greg Steffensen wrote:

>         I've mentioned it to Greg, and I still believe, that perhaps
>         his
>         application would work better separately from Inkscape instead
>         of being
>         an extension.  Such that you could run them side by side, and
>         then drag
>         and drop files into Inkscape.  This would also allow it to be
>         used with
>         other applications in a similar way.  I think that is probably
>         stronger paradigm for using it.
>
>         I think also, from the marketing perspective, making it "OCAL
>         Browser"
>         is better than "The Inkscape Extension for OCAL".  This way it
>         can be
>         made to work with applications like Illustrator and promote
>         OCAL.
>
> This sounds like a good idea, and requires minimal changes to the
> code.  But I'm theoretically working on this for Inkscape, as far as
> Google is concerned.  Would a stronger separation from Inkscape be
> tolerable?

I think its one of those things that we define, and if this is the best
solution, then this is the solution :)

I think the most important part is to basically just get
interoperability down.

So, then my question is where to host the code? Should it be a new
project on the sf.net inkscape page, or now under Open Clip Art
Library's CVS?

Thoughts?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894