[Clipart] AMD64 and Gentoo

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Jul 2 02:28:49 PDT 2005

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:
> Name: Spiro Angeli
>
> Greetings,
>
> What a great news to learn I can benefit of clip Arts in Linux too. I
> have Gentoo 64bit but do not see any package available for this
> platform. Could you please advice me how to install and run your
> package? Perhaps openclipart-bin (with x86 emulation on Gentoo)?

I guess is useful for you that our "packages" are just data (images),
without any program so it is both architecture independent and operating
system independent. The images are put on archives (bzip2 or tgz is
prefered on Linux and zip on Windows, but each will work on any OS) just
for convenience, so all you have to do is to download a package and
extract it (unzip, untar, whatever).
The only verion to avoid is you are on Linux is the .exe, which is a
kind of self extracting archive.