[Clipart] Anyone try librsvg2 on the clipart

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Sat Jul 9 06:08:19 PDT 2005

On Saturday 09 July 2005 12:41, Matthew Gates wrote:
> On Saturday 09 July 2005 06:11, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > > gthumb and GQview both crash when viewing the unsorted folder (did
> > > not bother to try any of the others).
> > >
> > > First there are librsvg warnings and critical messages - then a
> > > segmentation fault :/

> > > If this is a problem, then we should think about where the problem
> > > lies, is it our bug, or librsvg2. Anyone?
>
> I noticed gqview crashing too (not just with 0.15 - previous version of
> OCAL too).  I would've made a bug report for gqview, but it has been
> too [seemingly] random for me to provide any good information.  I had
> assumed it was gqview and not the svg files.

Inspired by OCAL mailing list, I managed to track down one file that
causes a segv in gqview.  There may well be more, but here is one from
0.15 that causes a replicable crash:

blokken_arjen_meijer_01.svg

inkview doesn't seem to be able to display anything useful either,
although it doesn't crash.  It provides some error messages that may be
helpful:

  blokken_arjen_meijer_01.svg:13: namespace error : Namespace
  prefix xlink for href on use is not defined

I don't know how much mileage there is in trying to fix such broken files
though.

Looking at gqview's source it doesn't seem it does anything with librsvg
directly, so I guess all the SVG stuff is called via some other library,
so I don't know if they'll be wanting to fix it.  I'll see what I can
find out and where I should make a bug report.
--
Matthew