[Clipart] AMD64 and Gentoo

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jul 9 18:18:43 PDT 2005

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Jon Phillips wrote:

> Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:07:06 -0700
> From: Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie>
> Cc: Open Clipart Libary List <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] AMD64 and Gentoo
>
> On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 01:52 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > [Could someone please tweak the mailing list so messages are not marked as
> > coming from OCAL List and change it to something which might help our
> > search engine rankings like anything with the word "Clipart" in it.]
>
> Huh??? That is set in my own mail browser. The list sets [Clipart] in
> the subject line. What change would help google?

I'm not talking about the subject line.

I'm talking about the label on the CC which I (perhaps mistakenly) assumed
was set by the list digest

> > > Cc: OCAL list <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but as I have said before we
want people the word "clipart" to be the word most widely associated
with OpenClipart.org
Using the acronyms gets us nothing only confusion.

(I hate acronyms like other people hate bad spelling and punctuation.
I know it is a little odd but I do have good reasons for it.)

- Alan