[Clipart] Corel SVG [was OpenDocument]

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jul 13 13:49:24 PDT 2005

> > much of the SVG specifics and editing contributions.  Corel at the
> > time was distributing a worthy SVG browser plugin, similar to that
> > provided by Adobe.  Of course, when Microsoft sold their shares in
> > Corel for pennies on the dollar, one of the first things the new
> > owners (Vulcan) did was to bust up Corel and end all involvement with
> > XML, SVG, and the OASIS OpenDocument TC.

I guess I picked a bad time to finally discover the Corel SVG Viewer
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Downloads/Trials
currently listed at the bottom of the page and a link pointing here
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Trials/TrialController&stepName=null&cid=1047023276758&pid=1047023276653
(requires registration).

It looks as if Corel have also killed off WebDraw since their take over of
Jasc (creators of Paint Shop Pro).  WebDraw was an application I've always
liked and really wanted to see what version 2 could become.  With only
minor changes it could easily be marketed at graphics designers creating
SVG for mobile devices.  I should of known, it has been stuck at version 1
for too many years and $200 was far too steep a price.  Oh well.

Good think Inkscape continues to improving so fast.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org