[Clipart] Re: Gentoo and OpenClipart

Gavin Panella gavin at premolo.net
Sun Jul 17 09:55:17 PDT 2005

On Sunday 17 July 2005 16:03, you wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> thank you for the info. Yes, indeed OpenClipart ebuild is in portage tree
> and it works fine.
>
> One remark: I noticed that in "openclipart-0.14.ebuild" local
> TARGET="/usr/share/openclipart" differs from the other two ebuilds which
> have local TARGET="/usr/share/clipart"
> I would advice to adjust openclipart-0.14.ebuild to the other two ebuild
> standards.

The general consensus seems to be to install
to /usr/share/clipart/openclipart, so my ebuilds are all wrong :-(

Recently an 'official' openclipart ebuild has made it into the Portage tree,
in x11-misc/openclipart. This seems to do the right thing, so perhaps it's
best to use that one. It has some issues, but none critical right now.

> Also, one question: Now that I have openclipart installed, is there any
> application interface (like in Micro&oft that it has a clipart application
> where tou can browse all cliparts,......) that I will run and when I need a
> picture I would use it? In other words, hwo to use openclipart now, in
> relation to other applications?

I use kuickshow to go through them. It's not so good at previewing the SVG
files, but it shows the PNG previews alongside.

Cheerio, Gavin.