[Clipart] Roadmap

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Jul 20 23:32:06 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 22:02 -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 18:39 +0200, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
> > wrote:
> > > Regarding the HASH keyword issue on the roadmap, I thought it was
> > > clear these came from old versions of svg_annotate. I remember
> > > reporting this to Bryce when I started adding keywords to the
> > > flags and he made a new release shortly afterwords with this issue
> > > fixed.
> >
> > Yeah, this issue is coming from somewhere else as well it seems, as
> > it is still appearing in the metadata. Can someone else shed some
> > light on this subject?
>
> The HASH bug is squished by the version of Metadata.pm in CVS, because
> the hash-reference structure is no longer used, in favor of Twig
> methods.
>
> There are still a lot of images with HASH in them, that will have to
> be repaired; most of them probably can be repaired semi-automatically
> based on the upload log, but there might be some that ran into this
> problem prior to the advent of the upload log; if so, those will have
> to have their keywords fixed up manually.

Ok, I checked through them and found that 3174 are effected.

I ran this:

find /srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/OpenClipart/ -name "*.svg" | xargs
grep -li hash > clipart_hash_problem.log

You can view the log here:
http://openclipart.org/logs/clipart_hash_problem.log

That is a lot of affected files!!!

We need to develop a strategy for dealing with this. Ok, Jonadab, could
you advise us all as to the best way to conquer and divide this task.
Also, are you sure that the "hash bug" is squished? Hopefully, we can
fix these images once and then that will be that...

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)