[Clipart] pron

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Jul 28 18:46:31 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 21:19 +0000, Jonathan Leighton wrote:
> hmmm... I think this is actually a matter that should be discussed. From
> http://openclipart.org/guidelines.php:
>
> "We do not censor the content of the submissions"
>
> Now, I'm not saying that we *should* accept porn, but deleting it goes
> directly against that statement so one or other should be changed. We
> don't want to end up becoming a porn repository, of course, but there's
> tasteful nudity (Da Vinci etc.) and there's porn. We should make it
> clear that we won't accept the latter (I think everyone agrees on that),
> but perhaps we could accept the former with a "may offend" or "nudity"
> flag? Something like that?

Right, I didn't delete svg submissions of pron. They were in JPG and
obviously spoofs.

I agree that if someone submitted any type of image that is svg, is
tagged properly, etc, then it is fair game...however I would encourage
ppl. to submit tasteful content, but I believe very much that our
process and community has much to do with the type of content we
receive...however, some files do creep in that are not properly
formatted (corner cases) and those are game for removal or flagging.