[Clipart] 3000+ SVG files available

Raymond Penners dotsphinx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:04:50 PST 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:37:36 +0200, Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> wrote:
> Raymond Penners wrote:
> of course we are interested, this would be an awesome addition to our
> project.
>
> i'm not sure, and probably others will have to express their opinion, if
> the statement on the website is enough, i am a little worried about
> "collected from various internet sites and newsgroups, with
> permissions", distribution as Public Domain was expresely permited by
> the original authors? (PD is completely different than royalty free and
> many websited confuses the terms)

I could try contacting the webmaster of the kamsart.com site, but I
doubt this will be of any help. It is very unlikely that he has
written permission from each author, and I doubt that he even knows
what clipart came from where. So, in the end, I think we simply have
to have faith in the "licensing" claim stated above.

In fact, you are in the same situation when an individual uploads a
clipart file. You simply have to believe the statement of the
individual that the file obeys the proper license conditions. There is
no solid way to validate this claim.  Now, the only difference with my
converted set of SVG files is the amount of files involved.

Regards,
--
Raymond Penners -*- raymond at dotsphinx.com -*- www.dotsphinx.com