[Clipart] wmftosvg converter

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 29 09:33:39 PST 2005

Jonadab wriote:

> "Stephen Silver" <ocalocal at btinternet.com> writes:
>
> > (By the way, my WMF-to-SVG converter is much improved since I first
> > mentioned it, though it won't yet convert WMF files that contain
> > text or bitmaps.  http://www.argentum.freeserve.co.uk/wmftosvg.zip )
>
> I am having difficulty getting this to compile.  I think I may just
> need to install the devel package for some math-related library or
> another, but rpmdrake turns up nothing with the word "math" in it.

Sorry, I should have provided better instructions.  Ted Gould is
right, most Unix compilers need -lm for the standard maths library.
So you should probably do

   gcc wmftosvg.c wmf.c -lm -o wmftosvg

I've just uploaded a new version (same URL) that includes a makefile
for GCC.  (The new version also does text and bitmaps, to some extent.)
All you should need to do to build it is

  make -f Makefile.gcc

> I'm not very experienced with compiling C code that doesn't come
> with a ./configure script

I'll probably add a configure script at some point, but that's
something I've never tried before.

--
Stephen Silver