[Clipart] release 13 coming up

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon May 2 17:10:38 PDT 2005

"Stephen Silver" <ocalocal at btinternet.com> writes:

> Yes, I think it's the fact that everything in the SVG namespace is
> prefixed by "svg:" that's the problem.

Okay, I think I know how to fix that.

> The XML declaration is also missing, so we should fix that too,

That I will have to investigate.

>> and that we are working on the problem...  or we could just skip
>> the PR altogether, if it is felt that a broken release is worse
>> than no release.
>
> It makes no sense to put out PR for release 0.13 in its current
> state.  I don't know how long it will take to fix it, but it may
> well be nearer June 1 than May 1 if it's going to be done properly.

If it's past the middle of May, let's just skip the PR for 0.13
altogether and instead focus on good PR for 0.14 at the top of June.

People who are following the list and want the 0.13 release for
whatever reason (e.g., because whatever opens in Inkscape is good
enough, as is my situation at work, or for testing purposes, or
whatever), it's all there in the downloads/0.13/ directory; it's the
announcement that's missing mainly.

Oh, and:  I installed the broken 0.13 release for the browse tool
before I saw the message on the list about this problem.  Do we want
to roll that back to 0.12, keep it as it stands, unzip Holger's fixed
version (I've checked an unzip tool based on Archive::Zip into CVS
that is capable of doing this, since info-zip does not appear to be
installed), or what?