[Clipart] Changes to Metadata.pm to retain the XML declaration, doctype, and solve the 0.13 release svg: prefix problem

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Mon May 30 14:44:51 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 01:24:27PM -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> "Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:
>
> > Before I use this to generate the 0.14 release, someone should test
> > it on a handful of files and confirm that it doesn't royally screw
> > anything up, like I think it doesn't.
>
> I should mention that the particular thing that needs testing is
> whether images run though this open correctly in the various SVG
> viewers that choked on the images in the first 0.13 packages.  I
> don't have any of those programs installed here; all I've got is
> a version of Inkscape that never had any trouble with the broken
> 0.13 release images.  I've attempted to install the Adobe viewer
> but never got it working (either on Windows or Linux) and I lack
> enough understanding of Java to make Batik work, it seems.

I reviewed all the changes and they looked okay, but didn't test it on
any images, so that still needs to be done.  I can do another release
later this evening if any other changes need to be incorporated.

I'm glad there's a to_svg() function now; there's several things people
have needed that this will allow doing now.  :-)