[Clipart] Announce Scribus 1.3.1 - Unité - Open Source Page Layout
mrdocs at scribus.info
Mon Oct 3 16:40:34 PDT 2005
The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.3.1 -
Unité - Open Source Page Layout. The 1.3.1 release is the second
development version towards a new stable 1.4.
Building on the 1.3.0 version released in July, 1.3.1 brings new
features never before available in any open source application.
* Scribus now natively supports spot color printing for true DeviceN
color space support, natively rendering spot colors, with no maximum
limit to the number of spot colors. Scribus uses enhanced spot and
separation previews for previewing all separations when a recent
version of Ghostscript is available. The new DeviceN color support
can also convert spot colors into composite CMYK in both print and
PDF export. DeviceN support works with both EPS and PDF export.
* This release also adds support for displaying colors and making
color choices with an intelligent color wheel for color schemes and
for individuals with color viewing impairments. This is a first, we
believe, for any page layout application.
* Scribus text frames now support in-line graphics, both images along
with scaled vector drawings.
* Additional code, patches and fixes for Win32 and Mac OSX
compatibility. Substantial progress has been made for both platforms
and a 1.3.1 release of Scribus for OSX will be available soon. A
Win32 native release is hoped to be available for one of the next
* Scribus now has a Calendar Creation Wizard python plug-in with
support for several languages.
* New experimental, optional build time support for using the Cairo
graphics library as a rendering engine. Currently, there are some
minor performance issues, however, most notably gradient display is
* Many improvements in page and document layout. Scribus now
supports variable page sizes and orientations within a single
document, as well as when printing or exporting PDF. No other page
layout application gives designers and end users the ability to use
differing size pages and orientation in a single document with such
* Implemented a new startup dialog with more options for creating, or
opening recent and existing documents.
* Continued improvements in ICC color support including searching
system directories for ICC profiles. Scribus 1.3.1+ now supports the
proposed OpenICC specification for color management profiles.
The Scribus Team would also like to thank Anduin.net/Øverby Consulting
and n at work GmbH, Hamburg for gracefully sponsoring our Scribus
Documentation site, our Bug Tracker and Anonymous CVS server. Also, a
note of thanks to University of Salford - School of Media, Music and
Performance for providing continued hosting of www.scribus.net and
upgrading the server hardware.
Getting Scribus 1.3.1:
* Download source tarballs and document templates and some rpms from
our Sourceforge Download page:
* Visit the downloads page here on www.scribus.org.uk for the same.
* Download from our Scribus Docs mirror. http://docs.scribus.net
* For Debian and Ubuntu repositories, visit Scribus Debian Repository.
The Scribus Team would also like to thank the many end users, testers
and contributors to making this our finest release to date.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the clipart