[Clipart] Duplicated items / keywords question

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Wed Oct 5 04:59:06 PDT 2005

Nathan Eady wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>>The web server logs are the source to extract those stats, we have the
>>log, the only thing needed is to run some scripts on it (even Webalizer
>>can give something useful).
>
> I knew that we have the error log; we have the access log as well, then?
> I somehow was not aware of this.  Probably we should have a look at

/srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/access.log
which is a link to
/var/log/apache2/clipart.freedesktop.org-access.log

we have it archived:
ls -l /var/log/apache2/clipart.freedesktop.org-access.*

there is huge amount of data for mining

> those stats for the last couple of releases, if someone could process
> the logs and distill the information into a simple and straightforward
> format, e.g., the number of distinct IP addresses that requested each
> file (within the downloads directory), or something like that.

i expect the fd.o server should have something already installed

--
nicu