[Clipart] deleted files

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Thu Oct 13 02:09:41 PDT 2005

I was looking on the website for some images: the candidates for our
project logo (I wanted a specific one) and those not on the website anymore.
IIRC, we used to have a top level directory for them. Another logical
place where I looked was in the 'logos' category.
It appears the files were deleted, not moved.

A second approach was to use the search page:
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/keyword_search.cgi
Searching for the 'ocal' keyword, the result is 12 files, supposed to be
in logos/OpenClipArtLibrary/, but I get "404, not found" for any of them.
I wonder from where the search tool is extracting the results, as it
return URLs for files not existing in the repository.

In conclusion, there are two problems:
- we deleted some files (don't know in which release)
- the search tool has wrong results

--
nicu