[Clipart] Repetition and voting

Dan Gerhards dan at seansastronomyshop.com
Mon Oct 17 14:51:53 PDT 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 1:03 pm, Nathan Eady wrote:
> Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> About periodically purging the lowest-voted images, I believe we are
> *against* this, but *for* providing providing a selection of most-voted.

This is a good philosophy, but I don't think it will work very well. It would
take ages to get a meaningful number of votes for most of the images. Also,
*someone* will find almost every image useful.

Poor quality doesn't seem to be a real problem anyway. However, *repetition*
is a problem. Four or five variations on an image is fine, but we have much
more than that in a few cases. The most blatant is shapes/stars, but there
are others.

In regard to the stars: 1,376? They were obviously created with a script, and
should be removed. Does anyone disagree?

---Dan Gerhards